Handy links

On this page

    If you have a complaint about something we cannot help you with, please refer to the list of topics below to find the organisations that may be able to assist. Please be aware that most independent complaint handling organisations ask that you first try to resolve your complaint with the service you are complaining about.

    For links to the websites of electricity, gas and water providers operating in Western Australia, go to the list of providers:

    service provider contacts page

    Complaints about other services

    Mobile phone, internet, home phone and NBN

    Please contact the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) at www.tio.com.au (external link) external link icon

    Banks, insurance and other financial services

    Please contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) at www.afca.org.au (external link) external link icon

    State government agencies, local governments and universities

    Please contact the Western Australian Ombudsman at www.ombudsman.wa.gov.au (external link) external link icon

    Australian government agencies

    Please contact the Commonwealth Ombudsman at www.ombudsman.gov.au (external link) external link icon

    Health, mental health and disability service providers

    Please contact the Health and Disability Services Complaints Office at www.hadsco.wa.gov.au (external link) external link icon

    Discrimination, sexual or racial harassment

    Please contact the Equal Opportunity Commission at www.eoc.wa.gov.au (external link) external link icon

    Private business, company, trade or profession

    Please contact the Consumer Protection division of the Department of Commerce at www.commerce.wa.gov.au/consumer-protection (external link) external link icon

    Employment and workplace conditions

    Please contact the Fair Work Ombudsman at www.fairwork.gov.au (external link) external link icon or the Labour Relations division of the Department of Commerce at www.commerce.wa.gov.au/labour-relations (external link) external link icon

    Other services that may assist you

    Legal information and adviceInterpreting and Translation Services
    Government websitesCommunity and consumer support and advice
    Other Energy and water ombudsman services in Australia and New Zealand

    Reciprocal links

    If you would like to request a reciprocal link between the Energy and Water Ombudsman Western Australia website and your organisation's website, please contact the Publications Manager on 08 9220 7555 or email energyandwater@ombudsman.wa.gov.au.