At the Energy and Water Ombudsman we are committed to effective outreach to the community to raise awareness of our role and improve access to our services.
Raising awareness in the Perth Region
The Energy and Water Ombudsman can give presentations to community groups and participate in information events across Perth (where a suitable staff member is available). For further information, please call 9220 7555 and ask to speak to our communications team.
Regional Awareness and Accessibility Program
We understand that access to our services is important to people that live outside the metropolitan area.
Our Regional Awareness and Accessibility Program aims to significantly enhance awareness of, and accessibility to, our services for regional and Aboriginal Western Australians.
The program is undertaken jointly with the Western Australian Ombudsman, and visits include:
- Information stalls and clinics where members of the public can bring their concerns to us.
- Meetings with the Aboriginal community; and
- Visits to, and liaison with, electricity, gas and water services providers and community organisations.
For more information about upcoming and past Regional Awareness and Accessibility Program events, visit our News & Media page.
List of Past Regional Awareness and Accessibility Program Visits
- Carnarvon in the Gascoyne Region from 6 to 8 September 2023.
- Karratha, Roebourne and Port Hedland in the West Pilbara Region from 15 to 19 May 2023.
- Newman, Jigalong, Tom Price and Paraburdoo in the East and Central Pilbara Region from 14 to 18 November 2022.
- Broome, Derby and Fitzroy Crossing in the West Kimberley Region from 25 to 29 October 2021.
- Kununurra, Halls Creek and Wyndham in the East Kimberley Region from 30 August to 3 September 2021.
- Dowerin Field Days Agricultural Show in the Wheatbelt Region from 25 to 26 August 2021.
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands and Christmas Island in the Indian Ocean Territories from 15 to 25 June 2021.
- Northam and Merredin in the Wheatbelt Region from 29 to 31 March 2021.
- Wagin Woolorama Agricultural Show in the Wheatbelt Region from 5 to 6 March 2021.
- Kalgoorlie and Leonora in the Goldfields Region from 2 to 5 December 2019.
- Waroona, Boddington and Mandurah in the Peel Region from 14 to 16 May 2019.
- Katanning and Albany in the Great Southern Region and Manjimup in the South West Region from 20 to 22 November 2018.
- Geraldton in the Mid West Region from 27 to 29 June 2018.
- The South West Region from 28 February to 2 March 2018.
- Carnarvon in the Gascoyne Region 22 - 23 June 2017.
- Karratha, Roebourne and South Hedland in the Pilbara Region 20 - 24 June 2016.
- Broome in the Kimberley Region 29 June - 1 July 2016.
- Christmas Island and Cocos (Keeling) Islands in the Indian Ocean Territories 24 – 31 May 2016.
- Northam in the Wheatbelt Region 21 - 22 May 2015.
- Kalgoorlie in the Goldfields-Esperance Region 31 July - 1 August 2014.
- Kununurra and Wyndham in the East Kimberley Region 6 - 8 November 2013.
- Bunbury, Collie and Harvey in the South West Region 19 – 21 March 2013.
- Karratha and South Hedland in the Pilbara Region 27 – 30 August 2012.
- Indian Ocean Territories 12 - 19 April 2011.
- Albany in the Great Southern Region 17 - 19 November 2010.
- Broome in the Kimberley Region 3 - 5 May 2010.
- Mandurah in the Peel Region 10 - 12 November 2009.
- Geraldton in the Mid West Region on 30 June - 2 July 2009.
- Kalgoorlie-Boulder in the Goldfields-Esperance Region 4 - 6 May 2009.
Information for the consumer and community sector
From time to time we send out information for the consumer representative and community organisation sector about our work and how organisations can assist their clients with problems they may have with their electricity, gas and water provider by making a complaint to the Energy and Water Ombudsman.
We can also send you hard copy brochures and publications on request, for disctribution to your clients.
If you would like to sign up to our distribution list or would like copies of any publications, please complete the form below or call 9220 7555 and ask to speak to our communications team.