Making a complaint for somebody else

We understand that there are certain circumstances in which a person may not be able to make a complaint themselves.

In these instances, another person may complain on their behalf.

To act on a person’s behalf, we need authorisation from the complainant.

This can be provided:

  • over the phone, or
  • by written authority to act signed by the complainant.

You can use our Authority to Act form (PDF 125 kB) PDF icon