- The kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
- How we collect and hold personal information;
- The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information;
- Whether we are likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients, and if we are likely to, the countries in which such recipients are likely to be located;
- How you may access your personal information that we hold and seek to correct any incorrect personal information; and
- How you may complain about us breaching the APPs and how we will deal with such a complaint.
We collect your personal information to enable us to resolve your complaint about an electricity, gas or water services provider.
This includes your name, address, contact details, your account details and other relevant information.
Personal information that is provided to us is used primarily for the purpose of resolving and investigating complaints. It may also be used for other purposes such as:
- Investigating and reporting systemic or emerging issues.
- Maintaining and developing our services or systems including testing or upgrading of systems.
- Staff training.
We will only disclose your personal information to enable us to resolve and investigate your complaint about an electricity, gas or water services provider.
This means we will disclose the information to the provider you complained about, and may disclose it to other people such as your representative or an independent expert in certain circumstances.
You have the right to access your personal information we hold, except in limited circumstances allowed by the APPs.
We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, interference, loss or unauthorised use, modification or disclosure.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about how we manage your personal information, please write to the Assistant Energy and Water Ombudsman using the contact details provided below.